Re: Hotmail preparing to check SID with spf2.0/pra only?

2005-06-21 20:23:31

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hector Santos" <spf-discuss(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>

No, they do not check Return-Path.  They check From:, Sender:,
or one of the other rfc2822 headers selected according to their
algorithm.
I don't believe Return-Path is selected by their algorithm.

Thats the problem!!!  Thats my point.  There is no guarantee that prior
art
headers Sender:, Reply-To:, Resent-XXX will exist in the payload, so if
Jeff
heard MS say "they will not check MFROM"  then they are left to also
checking Return-Path: as well.

Stuart,

Another way of looking the PMS (Purported Microsoft Statement) about "not
checking the MFROM" is like getting the letter via snail mail, and you
ignore the Return Address in the upper left corner saying "FROM: I am a
spammer" (2821 Mail From) and you say "hmmm, I don't believe him."

And you continue to open the envelope, pull out the letter, and it has no
letter head (2822 headers), just some text (2822 body) telling you to buy
something from Kunda Kinte Acme Products in Nigeria.

Make sense?

http://www.santronics.com