Re: Sender ID "embraces and extends" SPF, according to Microsoft

2005-06-29 22:05:40
Since they're so good at FUD, maybe we could come up with some FUD of
our own that could be introduced on various message boards and newsgroups?

Hell, even most of the /. crowd seemed pretty absent from the details
when the SPF related stories ran a few days back.  It's more than a
little distressing to me to see the whole "SPF is ruining the Internet"
type diatribes still going on in various conversations.

The Microsoft hosted/run groups are ripe for propagandizing; most folks
there seem pretty clueless about the whole SPF/Sender ID things.  A few
are even up in arms about the hotmail rumor.  I got told yesterday by a
"[MVP-Exchange]" dude that it was ok if backup mail exchangers did not
reject mail sent to invalid users.   Hmmm...  Yea, and so far no peeps
out of M$ employees when SPF related discussion happens (to their credit
they do seem to be fairly helpful to people having trouble with windows
networking).

~Jason