Re: SPF+SRS vs. BATV (was: SPF Stats)

2005-07-05 02:56:28
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:30 +0200, Julian Mehnle wrote:
BATV is just a variant of SRS: it requires MTAs to rewrite the envelope
sender.

No. It requires only _my_ MTA (or MSA) to rewrite the envelope sender.
I don't require _anything_ from anyone else.

  Ergo, all the problems of SRS you mentioned so far apply to BATV
also.

Not at all. The problem I pointed out is that for SPF to be viable you
need everyone _else_ to implement SRS; even those who are not
participating in SPF and who think it is unwise.

That's a system-wide change, and basically you need SRS to be
standardised and mandated by a replacement for RFC2821 before it's going
to happen.

No such changes are required for BATV. It can be done unilaterally and
the benefit is immediate.

--
dwmw2