RE: Forwading/Redirecting: The problem as I see it....

2005-07-06 07:43:13

That RFC even describes it as common, and it's a lot more common than
most people on this list seem to realize, especially this time of year
when thousands of university students have their school address
forwarded to their home address or some temporary summer address.

There is no forwarding problem.  All the university has to do is
stop using other people's names.  The problem is using the name,
not forwarding the message.

Alex

This is the problem... the re-writing of the MAIL FROM does solve the problem
in most cases... but are we really expecting any large proportion of the
current forwarders in operation to make major changes to their systems?

Dan