Re: Re: Council Meeting 10 July 2005, 6pm EST

2005-07-07 10:44:52

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Chuck Mead wrote:

 2. Select a project property trustee.
    Wayne has volunteered, but there are also suggestions on the
table to
    ask a trusted 3rd-party organization, like the SPI or the Apache
    foundation, to hold our property, including our domain names.

Julian is in charge of the web site. Frankly... I am getting very
impatient with the continuing timidity. Make decisions Julian... execute
your tasks... we need this property guy... pick one... it's your charge.

I do not agree. The decision on who holds project's domain is not
something to be taken lightly and made by one person. The issue is
serious and as precident could effects other decisions about project
property, so it would be best if this were to be made by the council
as Wayne and Julian suggested.

I respect your opinion but frankly the council cannot get involved in
every single damned one of these decisions. At some point decisions need
to get made and the Council doesn't need to get involved in every little
one of the nit-noid details.

The council is forever and always being criticized for it's slow
movement. This is precisely *WHY* we put someone in charge of the web
site. Julian is that person and the council has already entrusted him
with these decisions. If we have to continually go back to review his
decisions then we might as well do the whole damned thing in committee.

And as I point out the decision on who holds domain goes beyond just
being a decision about the website and has deeper implications. You need
to decide on official project trustee for such intellectual and physical
assets until project can itself become legal entity and do it.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks