Re: SPF 2/3 maybe it is time to get this going.

2005-07-07 13:54:21
On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 05:29 -0500, wayne wrote:

Personally, I do not think the time is right to start working on the
next generation of SPF.  There is already enough confusion in the IESG
(and elsewhere) about whether SPFv1 is obsolete because SID uses
spf2.0 records.

I find it interesting that this exact same namespace problem has come up
twice in relation to SPF.  We have the "SID uses spf2.0 which is greater
than spf1, so it must be a valid and accepted successor" and we had the
"the 2 in libspf2 means alternative, not successor, damit!" fiasco.
Heh, come to think of it, libspf2 could be construed as supporting SID.
Did that ever come up?