Re: SPF Validation Tools - Yet Another One

2005-07-07 14:09:08
Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

I'm not saying "*" is a valid qualifier.  I'm saying it seems
to me "*all" should be parsed as "<qualifier><word>",

No, that's backwards, you match "all", and then you say that
the "*" is wrong.  If you match forward you get:

- SP "*all" => maybe "*all" is a <directive> or a <modifier>
- "*" is no <qualifier> => "*all" could be a <mechanism>
- "*all" is no <mechanism>, last chance, maybe a <modifier>
- neither <redirect> nor <explanation>, so maybe "*all" is
  an <unknown-modifier> starting with <name> "="
- "*all" is no <name>, and there's also no "="
- "*all" is a syntax error, an invalid <term>

Matching is AFAIK left to right, but you tried right to left.

SPF Permanent Error: Unknown directive found: *all

IMHO an invalid <term>, not necessarily a bad <directive>, it
could be also a bad <modifier>.
                               Bye, Frank