Re: Re: SPF Validation Tools - Yet Another One

2005-07-07 14:20:45
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:09:08PM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Matching is AFAIK left to right, but you tried right to left.

No I didn't.  Please read my previous posts on this subject.
I did a "best match".  "all" _is_ valid so "*" is the invalid
part so it is an invalid qualifier.

IMHO an invalid <term>, not necessarily a bad <directive>, it
could be also a bad <modifier>.

Whatever. The point is: it is not necessarily a bad mechanism.

The error message for "*all" suggests a bad mechanism which
could indicate to the unwary that "*" is valid and "all" is not.

Alex