Re: Broken SPF Records

2005-07-07 14:30:33
Craig Whitmore wrote:
Over the last 5 days I have compiled a list of Domains with Broken SPF Records, and there is quite a lot of them. The 2 Biggest Problems with them I've found are: 1) using an include to a domain which doesn't have an SPF Record

That one does not surprise me. I did the same mistake initially when learning about SPF, and I have seen domain owners on my server making just that mistake. A natural solution in those cases has been to use 'ptr' instead of 'include'.

When improving the SPF web site, I would suggest that clarifying the info about the syntax of an SPF record is given high priority.

*Technically* SPF is simple and clean, *conceptually* it's not that simple when you dig into the details.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson