Re: SPFv1 record failure cases

2005-07-21 12:06:58
wayne wrote:

I would like to generate a list of all cases where the re-use
is an actual problem.

It affects me whenever I use "my" From address with an MSA that
is not the MSA of my ISP (the other MSAs - that used to be two,
now only one - enforce submission rights, but don't modify the
2822-header, i.e. they don't add a corresponding Sender).  We
don't need to discuss that my MUA also doesn't patch the 2822-
header on the fly.

It affects me whenever I post to one Sympa mailing list - okay,
I didn't do this for a long time, but I'm still subscribed.

I can't say what it does in the case of a moderated newsgroup:

If the articles are forwarded as is (my From, no Sender) to the
moderator it affects me:  news.clara.net and all MTAs it could
use (the IPs) are not covered by the claranet.de sender policy.

No idea how to test this without bothering a human moderator,
I'm not sure how misc.test.moderated works.

"size" could be the percentage of email

Almost never in my case.  That's worse than very often, happy
PRA-users will kill such rare FPs together with the real FAILs.

                         Bye, Frank

P.S.:  Tnx for the email summit info