Re: Re: Out of paper

2005-08-08 03:06:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 12:19 PM
Subject: [spf-discuss] Re: Out of paper

Ralf Doeblitz wrote:

at least that's my concept for 4xx = "try again later".
Like "busy".  Unlike "out of paper".

Slightly wrong. Temporary errors are supposed to go away
without intervention by the sender. There are no assumptions
concerning manual intervention on the recipients side.

Oops, yes, that makes sense, thanks for the correction.
Printer out of paper was a bad example, but "busy" should
be okay.

I wanted a "phone" example, but then switched to "printer",
because I'm not sure about the English text for something
like PermError, "the number you have called is unavailable"
maybe (?)
                 Bye, Frank

Actually, "Out of paper" is ok example by me. Maybe the remote has to reset
(add paper) the computer (printer)?  While there are no assumptions
concerning manual intervention on the recipients side, there is a
presumption that, eventually, it will get "fixed" manually or otherwise.

Whatever :-)

http://www.santronics.com