RE: Validator Testing Request

2005-08-08 08:45:45
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of wayne
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 9:27 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Validator Testing Request

In <NGBBLEIJOEEEBMEIAPBKKEEOIMAA(_dot_)scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> Scott
Kitterman <spf2(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> writes:

I've been doing what testing I could and I think that the third
test on my
validator page, "Test an SPF record":

http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

You have a note about macros in both your second and your third test.

Yes.  I know that, except for %d, the second one won't be happy about
macros.  Not all the required information would be supplied.  It's only the
third one I'm think I may be able to remove.

will work properly with all the SPF record macros, but since I don't have
any macros in my records, it's difficult for me to test
thoroughly.  If any
of you who have macros in your SPF records would take a moment
to try it out
and let me know what you find, I'd appreciate it.

I can send you a (long) list of all the SPF records in the wild that
use macros.

I'm tempted to take off the note that says it doesn't support macros, but
I'd appreciate some additional testing first.

I just my record, and it said:

Results - ambiguous SPF Ambiguity Warning: No A records found for:
_h.1.2.3.4._l.test._o.schlitt.net._i.1.2.3.4._spf.schlitt.net

The message is somewhat redundant, and the HELO value was supposed to
be "test.schlitt.net", but your check gave it as "1.2.3.4".

The HELO identity part is fixed.

Thanks,

Scott K