Re: Migration to SPF type99

2005-08-12 08:50:16
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Commerco WebMaster wrote:

Somewhere down the road, publishers might also want to use this
ability to reduce the amount of traffic from redundant data being
sent by both a TXT RR and SPF RR request.  Eventually, just
publishing a TXT "v=spf1 +spf" could be interpreted as, "why yes, we
do publish SPF data, but your answer is found at our SPF RR, so use that".

A good idea.  But let me polish it a little.  You want to use a
modifier so as to be backward compatible.  I would suggest a
'spf=domain' modifier that works exactly like 'redirect=domain', except
it only fetches a type99 SPF record.