RE: possibilities for 2822 (was SPF implementations)

2005-08-18 05:44:01
Seth Goodman writes:

I don't agree on this point.  The normal behavior for a mailing list is to
keep the From: address intact as received, add the "list owner" address as
Sender: and use a VERP address from the same domain as return-path.

That is common behavior, but it's certainly not "the normal bahavior".
Most of the lists I'm on don't do this.  That includes various ietf
lists, SourceForge lists, and ISP lists.

Note I am NOT arguing against the described behavior.  I just object
to having something described as the norm when it is not, even if I
might like it to be.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com