Re: Effectiveness of compliance testing - was: Hole in spfmilter 0.95

2005-08-22 12:48:54
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, David MacQuigg wrote:

The biggest problem is that the forwarder who ignores this message is not
the originator who actually cares whether the message gets through.  DSNs
seem to me like the right thing to do in that situation, but I know some
will scream about the backscatter.

Heh.  If the originator would publish SPF, there wouldn't be any
backscatter from me.  Or they could SRS/SES sign their MAIL FROM and
efficiently discard the backscatter.  Doing both is recommended.