Re: possibilities for 2822

2005-08-24 09:26:24
Hector Santos wrote:

Just like Relaxed provisions in SPF can create spoofers,

We could update that in v=spf1.1:  + HARDPASS, ? SOFTPASS,
~ TESTFAIL, - HARDFAIL, default -all.  With a definition
for "HARDPASS" in the direction of op=auth.  Just an idea.

SPF can stop abusers if you have a EXCLUSIVE policy (not
neutral or softfail).  But you can run into FORWARDING
issues.

The receiver can run into these issues.  The sender can't,
most FAIL policies by definition eliminate 251-forwarding,
because that was broken by RfC 1123.  FAIL replaces it by
a 551-emulation, good riddance.

DKIM exclusive policies can solve the same problem without
the FORWARDING issue.

Trading it for a mailing list issue.  I hope the DKIM list
finds a robust FWS-canonicalization, it's no rocket science.

The remaining mailing lists breaking even that have to be
white listed, like the few 251-forwarders for SPF.  The 251
problem is already small, the mailing list problem should
be even smaller.

It is all pretty simple :-)

Maybe.  I still don't get the idea of "no signing policy =>
everybody can sign what he likes", is that another "opt-out"
stunt ?
                        Bye, Frank