Re: [OT]Calling Hector Santos

2005-08-25 08:19:45
Hector Santos wrote:
Quick question:

Does it make sense to do a linear parse on what has a NEUTRAL result before the
final FAIL (-ALL)?   If it doesn't compare in the ?INCLUDE directives, then it
will never get to the FAIL.  Correct?

You have:

        NEUTRAL NEUTRAL  FAIL

How is this suppose to be handle?

Did you expect it to short circuit?

Looks like the our SPF parser set the NEURTAL result for the INCLUDE, but then it still continueed to look for any more directives and it found your -ALL - hence the fail.
I would think this is correct parsing. No?

No. I would think that once a mechanism has matched, that would be the result.

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.html#anchor22

"Each mechanism is considered in turn from left to right. If there are no more mechanisms, the result is specified in Section 4.7 (Default Result).

When a mechanism is evaluated, one of three things can happen: it can match, it can not match, or it can throw an exception.

If it matches, processing ends and the qualifier value is returned as the result of that record. If it does not match, processing continues with the next mechanism. If it throws an exception, mechanism processing ends and the exception value is returned. "

Scott K