Re: [OT]Calling Hector Santos

2005-08-25 12:50:29

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex van den Bogaerdt" <alex(_at_)ergens(_dot_)op(_dot_)het(_dot_)net>

Why would I use APL logic (right to left) when
the protocol says otherwise? <g>

You process a record wrong.  You ask for help.  You get
help, why do you become sarcastic?

You weren't helping with your "Left to Right Slight Improvement." Sorry.

I know what ? means Alex.

Then don't say other things.

I didn't.  You ASSUMED a SPF novety that brought you to suggest a "Left to
Right Slight Improvement."  I didn't ask you for help and you were far in right
field with the questions I did ask.

Either you don't know what it really means or you are
deliberately spreading fud.  Which is it?

Spreading Fud?  You got to be kidding me.

I don't think you followed my logic here.

Oh but I did.  I just don't agree with it.

So then its fud because you don't agree?

     PASS - ACCEPT
     FAIL - REJECT
     OTHER - MORE WORK

That's just not true.

Did now "God" says its not true. Wonderful!

A neutral result means nothing changed when compared by
before-SPF times.  There's not more work to do.  It is
just that there is not less work to do.  And yes, that's
different.

I don't think the SPF implementations will accept NEUTRAL as a PASS with no
further work to be done.  Atleast ours sees a NEUTRAL as a waste.

The rest of your post did, again, talk about something else
than SPF.  I suggest you have a look at the exact
definitions in the RFC

What RFC are you referring too?

... before you continue debugging your program and/or
discussing that other protocol that looks remarkably like
SPF and even shares its name.

There was an implementation mite.  So bite me. I have thick skin and I have no
problem admitting to not being "perfect" but I doubt  you can come close to the
quality and time-tested long time engineering of our products. if you do, more
power to you.

Now, if you have something productive to say about this ORDER of NEUTRAL,
NEUTRAL, FAIL concept, speak up.  Scott had no problem with my statements and
CLEARLY understood what the question, issue and concern were.  It wasn't stuff
for the novice and it had nothing to do with the mite, but it certainly
highlighted the issues of hard NEUTRALS.

Later man!

http://www.santronics.com