Re: [spf-discuss] Hector's test script - Minor error

2005-08-26 14:45:18
Richard,

The CIP (Client IP) field (the one you entered) is what's used for testing. The
CALLERIP is your connection IP address and it always part of the TESTWCSAP
logging. It is not used for SPF testing.

However, under normal SMTP CLIENT to SMTP SERVER operations, the CIP is equal
to CALLERIP.

http://www.santronics.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Bollinger" <rabollinger(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

I noticed a minor nit in your testing script at:
http://www.winserver.com/public/antispam/testwcsap.wct ...

Although the script notes and reports back the IP address I specify as
the machine IP address in the web form (cip), it appears to not
actually use that IP for SPF validation, instead using the IP address
of my web client (callerip).

Thanks, Rich Bollinger