Re: [spf-discuss] Hector's test script - Minor error

2005-08-26 16:04:57
On 8/26/05, Hector Santos <spf-discuss(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Bollinger" <rabollinger(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

I'm sure that was your intention, however results proved it
not the case.  The SPF test was evaluated using the connection
IP, not the IP I entered manually.  Please try it yourself and
see.  I did.

What was the IP you entered so I can check the log?

http://www.santronics.com

My client was at 24.3.61.23, a comcast cable modem connection
The IP I entered was 65.169.90.110, hello name gate.elliott-turbo.com
The mail from was rab(_at_)elliott-turbo(_dot_)com(_dot_)  The answer came back
soft-fail.

I also ran the same process via 65.169.90.110 with identical inputs
and it passed.

The client IP should have not made a difference for the purposes of
the test.... unless I misunderstand its intent.

Thanks, Rich B