[spf-discuss] Re: [OT]Calling Hector Santos

2005-08-26 20:47:47
Hector Santos wrote:

What is the result for this HARD NEUTRAL?

The result is RTFM ;-)  Wayne admitted that "include" is a
bad name.  But "we" (IIRC Julian and Mark) managed to replace
"prefix" by "qualifier", + - ? ~ are now called qualifiers.

If an "include" internally results in PASS, it matches.  The
final result is then the qualifier of the include.  And yes,
-include:b.example can make sense for Greg's "include:not.me"

If the include internally results in (SOFT)FAIL or NEUTRAL
it doesn't match, then ignore it and continue left-to-right.

If the include throws an error (or is a dangling pointer to
a non-existing policy, internal NONE), the final result is
an error (TempError or PermError).

Again, please RTFM.  Yes, it's long and all, but I think you
have good ideas how to twist the rules.   For that you first
need to know them... ;-)
                             Bye, Frank