RE: [spf-discuss] Updated SPF validator and a new checker

2005-08-26 16:09:23
[Since you asked for suggestions...but please understand
I appreciate every such attempt to provide a useful and
free service such as this...]

FYI, we have updated our SPF syntax validator and added an
SPF evaluation check service to our website.

SPF Syntax Validator: http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/spft/spfvalidator.asp
SPF Checker: http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/spft/spfcheck.asp

The checker seems ok -- but the validator is not
very useful since it only takes a single line record.

Most records of a single line are pretty trivial to
validate.

Also it complains if the quotes are left on the record
(even though some Nslookup programs show them this way)
so trying to check a records with mere cut and paste (
and no editing) is defeated.

Then it complains about no "all" or "redirect" even
though the it only accepts the record one line at
a time (only the last is going to have a terminating
"all" etc.)

Both services are based on the original SPF Classic draft
(http://www.libspf.org/files/spf-draft-200405.txt) and the
Checker provides detailed log of the evaluation, so it may be
useful for troubleshooting purposes.

I thought that you may be interested (and hope that you will
tell me if you find any problems :) Note that the above URLs
are temporary, the final services will be published without /spft.

Suggestion:  Accept multi-line records for validation.

BTW, I tried tricking it by entering:

        v=spf1 redirect=learnquick.com

...and it reported valid but I doubt that it checked
the "redirect" to determine if the underlying record(s)
were also valid.

--
Herb Martin