Re: [spf-discuss] Updated SPF validator and a new checker

2005-08-27 01:23:02
Hi Peter,

I figured you were using original specs (as you indicated).  Our parser is
still original specs based too, which is nearly 2 years old now. :-)

The question is whether a UNKNOWN should return a statement:

      "X.X.X.X may send in the name of the domain."

and how receivers should handle "unknowns."

I believe, I havn't checked off hand, but Wayne's spec has this as PERMERROR.

All this is based on trying to get some level of consistency for receivers to
better handle the results and/do integrate with Rule Based Mail Filters.

I didn't check, does your "show details" show a possible resulting
"Received-SPF:" header?

http://www.santronics.com