Re: [spf-discuss] Question on a unified policy record approach

2005-09-01 11:30:41
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:47:42 -0700 (PDT) Kurt Andersen
<kurta(_at_)agilent(_dot_)com>
wrote:
As the postmaster of a fairly large company, I've been somewhat
frustrated by the balkanization of the different email auth
groups.

Is there any current work underway toward a "unified" or extensible
policy mechanism that would allow current (and future) auth
mechanisms to coexist?  I gather that the spf3 project is somewhat
moribund from the lack of web activity since its proposal during
MARID.

There has been some recent discussion here about defining modifiers for SPF
records to signal the message body authentication (e.g. DKIM, S/MIME, PGP).

Since envelope methods come first, I think that kind of approach makes
sense.

Scott K