Re: [spf-discuss] Can this really be true?

2005-09-22 13:10:47
johnp wrote:

So - if you have an account with this ISP it would appear that you can happily spoof any domain you like, and you don't need a username or password - just pop before smtp (presumably). I suppose the next thing will be complaints from the customer when his mails are rejected by SPF because his ISP is not included in the spf record?

Can anyone see anything right about this arrangement - or am I blinkered/stupid?

While not right, I can easily believe it. I recently worked for a CLEC that did the same thing - in 32 continental US cities. No pop before smtp either. Quite commonplace apparently. As long as you're on that company's network, you've got a nice open-relay.