Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Anyone Got an Explanation?

2005-09-21 15:02:01
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Dennis Willson wrote:

The only real SPF relevant issue I see here is:

I think there should be a way within the mail servers (like sendmail, etc...)
that allows the SPF status to be used as part of a decision of a later
process. There then needs to be a way to carry the SPF status with the email
(that a Spammer can't fake) so the later processes don't have to do the
entire SPF tests again. I don't really want to multiply the SPF lookups and
calculations multiple times for each email.

It's called 'Received-SPF'.  The SPF relevant issue is education, as usual.
(Yes, SPF checkers should delete any prior Received-SPF header if they
don't add their own at the top.)