RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Anyone Got an Explanation?

2005-09-20 14:35:14
Stuart D. Gathman writes:

That's what I thought.  The problem is that *every* *single* message
I've ever received from 'postmaster' on any of the 40 machines I administer
without exception was *supposed* to be a DSN, but sender was clueless/rude.

I should be so lucky.  Near all the mail from postmaster@ that comes
here is spam.  (Fortunately, little of it gets through.)

However, there are exceptions that are neither spam nor DSNs.  Today,
the woman who does my billing ordered stamps online and got a
confirmation from postmaster(_at_)go(_dot_)stamps(_dot_)com, and one of my
users who
does Shockwave programming got a newsletter from
postmaster(_at_)mms(_dot_)shockwave(_dot_)com(_dot_)

I personally never use postmaster for outgoing mail.  I accept mail
to postmaster, then answer it as myself.

I have no set pattern.  I reply as postmaster if I think that's what
the sender will expect.  However, the envelope from now gets rewritten
by SRS on the way out.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com