RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Anyone Got an Explanation?

2005-09-19 15:36:42
From: Stuart D. Gathman [mailto:stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 4:15 PM

<...>

So my work around is accept mail from postmaster only if it is addressed
to a signed return-path.

Even though that sounds a little odd (at first), I don't believe it breaks
any rules.  You have to accept mail _to_ postmaster when it doesn't violate
other local policy, but if you reject mail _from_ postmaster when there is
no signed RCPT TO, that's your business.  In your case, it sounds like a
very useful heuristic.  If a human sent you mail using their postmaster
account, you would want the bounce message to let them know how to get mail
through to you, if not why the first one bounced, but that's getting picky.

--

Seth Goodman