Re: [spf-discuss] SPF enables fully automatic spam filter

2005-10-19 11:03:22
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:52:59 -0700 Dennis Willson
<taz(_at_)taz-mania(_dot_)com> wrote:
I've started receiving email from zombies that had forged "Header FROM:"
addresses (which is what the users see) and some had used
an "envelope MAIL FROM:" for a domain that was globally SPF PASS. I have
also received some where the "envelope MAIL FROM:" was just
a domain with no SPF record. This means the zombies are beginning to
render SPF less useful. Greylisting solved most of these as the
zombies don't queue and resend (yet).

I've seen that too.  I see it as evidence that SPF is working.  Too bad we
don't have an equally effective anti-forgery method for the message body.

Scott K