RE: [spf-discuss] Univ of Mo, etc. discouraging SPF?

2005-10-26 07:56:25
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Mark wrote:

REJECTing on 'softfail' is, as Frank already said, one of areas where
there is plenty of blame to go around. Surely, 'softfail' is NOT the same
as 'fail', and really should not be treated as such; but equally surely,

True confessions: for most softfails, I send a warning DSN with
useful debugging info (reject if DSN not accepted), then accept the message.
However, for selected heavily forged domains, (e.g. ebay.com), I reject on
softfail.  My quarantine doubles in size if I allow all the bogus
"verify your ebay account information" spam.