Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF adoption statistics

2005-11-22 09:09:26
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:50:38AM -0600, Bruce Barnes wrote:
And AOL takes this a step further, now PROHIBITING messages from servers
without RR records.  The fully qualified client name MUST resolve to a PTR
record for every e-mail message received . . .

This is also nothing new.

RFC 1033, instructions:
" Adding a host.

      To add a new host to your zone files:

         Edit the appropriate zone file for the domain the host is in.

         Add an entry for each address of the host.

         Optionally add CNAME, HINFO, WKS, and MX records.

         Add the reverse IN-ADDR entry for each host address in the
         appropriate zone files for each network the host in on.
"

We changed service providers for our high-speed services when we upgraded
our facilities recently and it took more than 2 weeks to resolve the AOL
problems because of the slow update of DNS records throughout the internet.

This is a well known fact.  This is why you ought to lower your TTL
graduately before the move.  I believe it is also mentioned in one
of the many RFCs.

Alex