Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF adoption statistics

2005-11-22 09:51:34
On 11/22/2005 10:50, Bruce Barnes wrote:
And AOL takes this a step further, now PROHIBITING messages from servers
without RR records.  The fully qualified client name MUST resolve to a PTR
record for every e-mail message received . . .
[...]
AOL does require that all connecting Mail Transfer Agents have established
reverse DNS, regardless of whether it matches the domain.

Just wanted to underscore that, at least for now at AOL, the PTR doesn't
have to match the forward lookup.  Just something has to be there.
OTOH, to be on their whitelist, they do have to match.  I'm pretty sure
it's been this way there for at least a couple years.

In related news...
I'm super happy; sometime in the last 18 months or so, SBC started
including free custom PTR records (instead of generic <IP>.snet.net.)
for dedicated customers that do not host their domain with them.  Maybe
the dark ages are finally coming to a close.

~Jason