Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF adoption statistics

2005-11-21 22:43:58

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com>

This is never a valid reason.  A HELO check does not look at
any PTR records.  (The sending domain typically doesn't even
control PTR records unless they have a class C or better).  It
only looks at the A record for the claimed FQDN.  One of the
IP addresses listed for that A record should match the client IP.
This is easy to do even for a server farm or multi-address
server.

That said, I agree that there are too many legitimate
(albeit email clueless) senders to reject on this.

Ok, but what about the client side?  I was talking about the client software
and how many are designed to work. I'm sure you can figure it out.  There is
a reason for not being reliable. :-)

http://www.santronics.com