[spf-discuss] Re: [spf-devel] Polishing Mail::SPF::Query

2005-11-28 18:17:02
On 11/28/2005 20:11, Julian Mehnle wrote:
[Please follow up to spf-devel unless you want to discuss related but
non-devel issues.]

Hi all,

Meng sent me his Mail::SPF::Query CVS repository.  I turned it into a
Subversion repo[1,2] and imported all the past M:S:Q releases from
CPAN[3].

Now that this has been done, we can start polishing M:S:Q.  I think there
should be at least one more release, 1.998, and possibly a final 1.999.
After that, Mail::SPF[4] should take over in M:S:Q's place.

So the current M:S:Q trunk[5,6] is where we can pick up Meng's work.  I
have already made some changes from 1.997 (rev 107:110):

  trunk/Query.pm
  * `local`ized $@ when `eval`ing to satisfy SpamAssassin (closes Debian
    bugs #332952, #337319, #337500).
  * Minor updates to POD docs.

  trunk/spfd
  * Pass "trusted" and "local" arguments to Mail::SPF::Query.

  trunk/spfquery
  * Exit with code 0 and don't print usage hint on '-v' (closes Debian bug
    #237751).

  trunk/README
  * Updated version, result codes descriptions, copyright, etc.

  trunk/Changes
  * Renamed to "CHANGES" for consistency with other doc files.
  * Cleaned up.

If you know of any serious-impact or easy-to-fix bugs, please post them to
spf-devel soon!  Patches are especially welcome.

Julian.