[spf-discuss] Re: Last call IETF experiments

2005-12-14 14:21:55
"Frank" == Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
writes:

    Frank> Sam Hartman wrote:
    >>> Some folks including me were surprised that there's no "IETF
    >>> last call" for experimental RFCs, unless they are the product
    >>> of an IETF WG (4.2.3).

    >> That's actually not true.  The responsible AD can issue a last
    >> call for an experimental draft.

    Frank> Where do I miss that provision in 2026, is it something
    Frank> covered by chapter 9 (variance procedure) ?

It's certainly current IESG procedure that we can last call
informationals and experimentals.  I don't know that 2026 does or
needs to say anything about it.  Unless it is forbidden it seems like
a reasonable decision making tool for the IESG to apply in some cases.