[spf-discuss] SPF problem with pobox.com that I don't understand

2005-12-26 02:59:19
Hi,

First, I love SPF.  It works great for catching and discarding forgeries
that are common place these days with spammers.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/spf.ch?server=davygrvy%40pobox.com&ip=192.168.0.1

The first string is right, but the second is not.  My custom string is
"v=spf1 include:freenode.net -all".  I don't where/how the tester is
finding "v=spf1 ?all".  I used to get 'fail', now it returns 'NEUTRAL'.
 Pobox's SPF implementation has been broken for at least a month.

I've sent about a dozen requests to pobox's customer support email about
this problem, but never receive any replies.

If any pobox admins read this list..

Please, please, please fix your system.  I'm getting way too many bogus
error messages from yahoo from spammer forgeries of my email address.

Can anyone debug this for me so I can feed the tech support folks at
pobox some real food for how they need to repair their mail system?

TIA.