Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Successes and failures of the SPF project in 2005

2006-01-11 13:23:39
wayne writes:
In
<17349(_dot_)24791(_dot_)692933(_dot_)23682(_at_)saint(_dot_)heaven(_dot_)net>
 "Dick St.Peters" <stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com> writes:

wayne writes:
When the 2821.MAILFROM is empty, the mfrom test reverts to checking
the HELO domain.

Where do any of the SenderID drafts say that?  I don't think they do.

The SenderID draft says that "mfrom" is defined by the SPF draft, and
the SPF draft says that when the 2821.MAILFROM is empty, it falls back
to the HELO.  The SenderID drafts say very little about "mfrom".

I would say the SenderID core draft says that the "mfrom" scope
details are defined in the SPF draft.  The SPF draft does that, and it
also says if the mfrom scope address is missing switch to the helo
scope.  I don't view that switch as part of the mfrom scope referred
to by the SenderID draft.  I view it as defining a new scope not
mentioned in the SenderID draft.

I do agree the SenderID drafts say very little about "mfrom".

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com