Re: Sender ID (was Re: [spf-discuss] nobody @ xyzzy)

2006-02-22 12:46:46
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:09:18 -0500, "Dick St.Peters"
<stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com> wrote:

As for Scott's claim that Microsoft is attempting to mandate behavior,
the license says

   Nothing in this Agreement shall be consatrued as requiring You to
   use or implement the Sender ID Specification, or limit the Parties
   from competing in any way ... including engaging in activities,
   independently or with others, that may be deemed competitive with
   the Sender ID Specification."

I don't like software patents, but this is about as benign as a
license can be.  The license terms have been the same since November
2004, and it's high time misinformation stopped being spread.

The Microsoft hysteria on this list is obvious.

I'm no great fan of theirs either, but I like validating headers PRA
style.  Mail with garbage headers ought to be rejected.  It's high
time to clean up Internet mail.  Anyone who insists on sending garbage
mail can stay out of my neighborhood.