Re: [spf-discuss] Promoting NEUTRAL or SOFTFAIL result to FAIL

2006-02-25 15:14:20
Right,

I understand what you mean matching atleast 2 levels to domains (TLD match
level equal 2 atleast).

But I am specifically talking about where the client literally issues:

    HELO/EHLO domain.com
    MAIL FROM: user @ domain.com

and

    MFROM.DOMAIN == HELO.DOMAIN

It is a clear cut voilation if SPF(MFROM) returns anything but a FAIL or
PASS because the client is stating it is inside the secured autorized
sending network.

A I said, it was an exploration, for the last 72 hours, and thus far there
were quite a few transaciton where the SPF(MFROM) was NEUTRAL, some SOFTFAIL
and the HELO domains matches MFROM.

Make sense?  To me, that is a pretty clear cut. No ambiguity.

To answer frank,

The point here was to avoid a HELO lookup if not necessary by doing some
domain helo/mfrom matching first.  I don't understand why SOFTFAIL could not
be considered in this logic Frank?  I don't understand your point here.

Comments?

---
Hector