[spf-discuss] Re: setting up your own email server

2006-03-04 19:39:03
I am running an email server using surgemail.  Check out their website at
http://www.surgemail.com .

This is an industrial-strength email server that is easy to configure.  It runs
on Windowx as well as Unix.

I tried for 6 months to get qmail (a free email server) to work right and was
never successful.  At that point I switched to Surgemail.  Surgemail does
support SPF.

You do need a static IP to run your own email server.  My ISP is Cox
Communications and they will provide a static IP with a commercial account, but
it costs more than a residential account.

I hope this helps.  As an aside, I wouldn't give you two cents for all of the
"free" email server software.

Sincerely,

Don James
Henderson, Texas USA