[spf-discuss] Re: [spf-council] SPF-council IRC logs for 2006-03-11

2006-03-12 12:16:39
14:53    <Julian> Someone (I think William) had suggested that we
                  discuss the common basic agenda on spf-discuss, but it
                  hasn't happened.
14:53    <Julian> Does everyone still agree that defining a common basic
                  agenda should be done?

I think this was a good discussion and I think I even agree with most of it.
One item of significance that I didn't see discussed is the IETF experiment.

There is supposed to be, as I understand it, a two year period of
experimentation followed by some kind of decision about the RFC going to
proposed standard, informational, or maybe even historic.

We ought to think about how we as a community want to respond to this.

In May it will have been two years since I published my SPF record.  I have
been considering writing up an SPF lessons learned for the vanity domain
owner ID to be an input to the "Experiment", but I don't know how the
community as a whole wants to deal with the experiment.

It seems pretty clear to me that when the IESG says two years they mean two
years from when the RFC gets published, but we perhaps ought to interpret
that to mean two years from when the predecessor specs were technically
stable (which might be as early as draft-mengwong-spf.02.9.4 (Dec 03) or as
late as draft-mengwong-spf-01 (May? 04).   Either way we are pretty close to
being able to claim two years of experience if we aren't there already.

http://new.openspf.org/Specifications

How should we proceed and is this something that should be on the project
agenda (apologies in advance if you discussed this and I missed it).

http://new.openspf.org/Project_Agenda

Also, if you take a look, I'd argue that "Updating the general FAQ" from your
to do list is now complete (I finished it yesterday while you were meeting):

http://new.openspf.org/FAQ

Scott K