[spf-discuss] Re: [srs-discuss] Re: SRS: is there a stable implementation for postfix yet?

2006-03-28 10:32:25
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 18:24 -0800, Tom Lahti wrote:
And in answer to your third question -- of _course_ misdirected bounces
are a problem, and you know my solution.

Actually, we don't.  Is it the same as Johann's laughable "solution";
the equivalent of running SpamAssassin?

http://www.infradead.org/rpr.html

Essentially the same principle as BATV, the original 'SES' before it
went off into the weeds, or self-signed SRS.

Basically I sign the reverse-path on any genuine outgoing mail so it
looks like an SRS address. Then I never accept bounces to the 'raw'
address 'dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org'. So anyone doing sender verification
callouts gets to reject faked mail, but _certainly_ I don't get bounces.

--
dwmw2