[spf-discuss] Re: RFC 4408 <draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.txt> -- AUTH48 changes

2006-03-31 12:47:03
"Julian" == Julian Mehnle
"Re: RFC 4408 <draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.txt> -- AUTH48 changes"
 Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:48:05 +0000

    Julian> I see that the RFC Editor did NOT apply[1] our changes
    Julian> completely (for example the changes to the ToC are
    Julian> missing), so we'll have to submit another -- hopefully
    Julian> VERY BRIEF -- list of changes.  If someone can come up
    Julian> with a TERSE and NOT OVERLY COMPLEX definition of
    Julian> "toplabel" (something along the lines of USEFOR's
    Julian> "toplabel" and "label" definitions merged and simplified),
    Julian> then perhaps we can include it.

Oops' I see a new one.  Perhaps not worth stirring up a hornet's nest,
but anyway:

Section 2.1 Paragraph 1, last sentence:

OLD:

At the time of this writing, many legitimate E-Mails are delivered
with invalid HELO domains.

CHANGE:

At the time of this writing, many otherwise legitimate E-Mails are
delivered with invalid HELO domains.

NEW:

At the time of this writing, many otherwise legitimate E-Mails are
delivered with invalid HELO domains.

REASON:

E-Mails with invalid HELO domains are not legitimate E-Mails.

        jam