RE: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF causes mor problems than it solves

2006-05-23 15:04:55
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw that vikwei(_at_)gmx(_dot_)at would write:

since a few days some of my e-mail providers have started to use
SPF. This causes a hell of a lot of work for me as a non spammer and
honest user and delays emails. Up to now a few clicks a day took
care of the spam which made it to my mailboxes. Now my mail
practically breaks down. I use provider A for the ADSL-connection,
providers B,C,D,E with different e-mail addresses for different
purposes and could send with different addresses for different
purposes through the SMTP-server of my ADSL-provider. Many years
everything ran fine, now that f........SPF screws my mail up and
causes work work work.....  Thumbs down for SPF

If you own those domains, then don't publish an SPF record.  (Doctor,
Doctor, it hurts when I do this!)

If you don't own those domains, but have permission to use them, then
contact the domain owner and remind them to add your IPs - or provide
you with a relay.

If you don't own those domains, and don't have permission to use them,
then you are one of the reasons why the owner published SPF.

Alternatively you could continue to use provider A to send all your mail and
set your envelope-sender to the email address provider A gave you.  Setting
From to your B, C, D, and E email addresses as appropriate should ensure that
replies work as you expect.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer