[spf-discuss] Nice but...

2006-06-06 14:16:08

Topic: Other
Name: Junior
I applaud your efforts and while I do not fully grasp the scope of your
project, the effects of it on me, due to no action of my own, are negative.
This is the problem with universal restrictions. Although I own several domains
and each offers a smtp server for my outgoing mail, my provider, Charter.com,
will not allow me to use my domain smtp because their restrictions fear that
could be spamming. So I am forced to used a Charter smtp. But SPF refuses that
for obvious reasons. So increasingly I am having problems getting email to
people. This brings up another considerable drawback to your program: you put
the impetus on the everyday person who a) has no access to the servers to place
a SPF record on, b) has no power to force their hosts to do such and c) has
little time or knowledge on how to create one anyway. Like you, I loathe spam.
As a web developer with around fifteen email accounts I get literally hundreds
of spams, phishes, etc. a day. Insane. But I shouldn't be the
 one punished. Thank you.

--
Message was sent via the SPF website contact form
<http://new.openspf.org/Contact>