RE: [spf-discuss] Nice but...

2006-06-07 09:41:45
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 blues(_at_)bluesong(_dot_)com wrote:

that good intentions sometimes have undesirable consequences. If there was a
SPF registry where I could prove my identity and create my own SPF, putting
me, the domain owner, in full control, I would have no gripes.

The registry is called DNS.  The term "domain owner" means control of
DNS.  If you are paying some company to be a "domain owner", and they
are not letting you control DNS, then they are ripping you off.

As I mentioned previously, you can purchase DNS service very cheaply,
and point your domain registration to whatever DNS servers you please.
If you can't change your domain registration, then you really got ripped
off.  I had a customer in that position once.  Since they paid the bills
for the domain, there was a procedure at the registrar to actually
get control of the domain they were paying for.  But it involved snail mail
and 6 months.