RE: [spf-discuss] Nice but...

2006-06-07 10:06:20
Scott Kitterman wrote:
A DNS provider that makes arbitrary changes to your DNS is inherently
unreliable and should be ditched.

I wonder what perfect behavior would be... I'm designing an interface in my
head.

I suppose one way would be to present the customer with this kind of dialog:
( ) is a radio button
(o) is a selected radio button

Email settings for domain: example.com
(o) example.com sends no mail
( ) example.com sends mail
( ) example.com sends mail from... [ Advanced ]

"no mail" should be the default... v=spf1 -all
the basic "sends mail" should result in no SPF record at all
the Advanced button should walk through some kind of SPF setup wizard, or allow
manual editing of the SPF record, or whatever

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer