[spf-discuss] Re: Implementations/patches website listing policy (was: Addition to the spf site)

2006-07-25 06:02:35
"Julian" == Julian Mehnle
"Implementations/patches website listing policy ...
 Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:01:25 +0000

    Julian> Scott Kitterman wrote:
    >> This message points to a project policy issue that I think
    >> ought to be discussed and decided on by the council (you knew
    >> there had to be a reason to have another meeting).
    >>
    >> Should the SPF project give recognition to patches that the MTA
    >> author has rejected (in this case it's not just this particular
    >> patch, but the idea of patching Postfix internals period).

    Julian> Noted.  I'll bring it up on spf-council tomorrow
    Julian> (Wednesday), together with the other outstanding issues.
    Julian> (I wanted to do that earlier, but couldn't due to real
    Julian> life time constraints.)

Without making it too complicated, would it be well to consider
whether patches that have been (or might be) incorporated in packages
belonging to and supported by an OS distribution as variations of, or
as additions to, their MTA packages should be considered in principle
different than independent third party patches?

        jam