Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Design bugs in v=spf1

2006-09-20 07:12:55
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:58:06 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:
Julian Mehnle wrote:

An "how to use v=spf1 only for HELO" I-D might be useful,
some folks apparently don't like the "for each MAIL FROM"
part of SPF (and anything that's only relevant for MAIL
FROM).

Would you be willing to draft such a document?

Yes, should be relatively easy, receiver's POV (if only
interested in simple SPF policies for HELO), sender's POV
(how to), some remarks about domain literals as HELO, and
what 2821 offers (not much, but more than nothing).

This is a good idea.  When my domain host implemented SPF checking (tagging
it in SpamAssassin) the implemented HELO checks only.

Scott K