RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Misuse of Return Address

2006-12-13 03:29:23
At 02:59 PM 12/7/2006 -0600, you wrote:
Julian Mehnle wrote:

> Seth Goodman wrote:
> > If box67.com injects any mail into the internet mail stream,
> > whether as a forwarder or as an originator, box67.com sends
> > outbound mail.  If it does not inject any mail into the internet
> > mail stream, there is no need for an SPF record.
>
> Uhh, shouldn't it have "v=spf1 -all" in the latter case?

Yes, if they care to publish SPF.  I put that in another response to
David in another thread.

# dig txt box67.com +short
"v=spf1 include:open-mail.org -all"

The convincing arguments here were some off-list discussions with Scott and Stuart assuring me that the Eudora Return/Reply problem was really rare. I am watching this carefully to see if any other problems pop up, and I may have to change it back to ?all. Again, this is not what I want, but what I may have to do, depending on the needs of our clients.

-- Dave